Monday, May 11, 2009

Open Houses on Mothers' Day, and the Market


I was in Palo Alto for Mothers' Day brunch with my family, and was amazed by the number of Open House signs in every street corner as I drove home that afternoon. The inventory is really building in that city if there are so many homes open on a holiday. It was a different story in Sunnyvale and Cupertino where the inventory remains unusually low for this time of year, and multiple offers are becoming more frequent.
But it’s one thing for me to talk about a recovering market and it’s another when even the most pessimistic analysts are doing the same. Many of our offices are reporting similar stories, and as I talk with other agents, I’m hearing the same scenario: the market is heating up. The window of opportunity has been open and it has been inviting buyers in for months. With the speed that buyers are responding today, it may not be open long. Will there be people years from now who say “Why didn’t I buy more real estate in 2009?”

No comments: