Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Property Tax Bills


I can't believe that it has been a week since my last post. I was in Long Beach for a four day national dance convention(the local papers down there are full of articles on the increase in foreclosures and bankruptcy filings) and came back to a busy work schedule.
I also found a notice from the Tax Assessor's office in my pile of junk mail , listing the assessed valuation on which they will base my property taxes this year. About one in four county residents will receive a temporary tax break this year, but if your assessed valuation is more than you think is fair, you still have a chance to request a reduction before the tax bills go out in September.
Requests for review must be received by August 15...and don't forget, the assessed value is as of January 1st, so any loss since then won't count.
The fastest way to request a review is through the County Assessor's web site, but you can also call the assessor's office at 408-299-5300.

No comments: