Monday, March 22, 2010

Don't Believe Everything You Hear


A while back, I ran a standard credit check, and had a real shock. All three credit bureaus had listed me as deceased as of 2005. Obviously someone pushed the wrong button on a computer, and that mistake certainly never kept CitiBank and other creditors from collecting their monthly payments over the years. However new credit for "the late Bobbie Lemberg" would certainly be hard to get. Two credit bureaus were willing to accept a letter, current driver's license and phone bill as proof that I'm still here, but Equifax demanded a notarized letter too...pretty untrusting.
A friend who knew what had happened sent me this article about a San Francisco woman who had the same problem. Her situation was even worse, though. Her insurance, Social Security and pension were cancelled when she "died."
Anyway, despite any rumors running around, I'm very much alive and kicking...and selling real estate!

No comments: