Sunday, September 19, 2010

Getting Back to Normal


My interior house painting is finished, and Hak Kim and his crew from Painter Friend did a fabulous job...everything was taped and covered in plastic, and they were in and out in less than two days...and that included removing wallpaper from a bathroom and retexturing the walls. Now my challenge is to get everything back in place before the carpet cleaners come on Thursday. With the help of my long-time handyman, this chore is nearly finished, and I have stopped asking myself, "Why did I ever start this project in the first place?"
In the middle of all this confusion, I managed a week-long trip to my son who is assigned to our embassy in Ottawa, Canada, a beautiful, clean city. I've also kept up with our seasonally slowing real estate market, and managed to learn my way around my new Droid Incredible phone. Never a dull moment!

No comments: