Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's My Birthday!


...and I have so much to be grateful for...friends, family, and good health. But I just read a Newsweek article that makes me appreciate something else: the fact that I sell Real Estate in the Northern area of Santa Clara County, California, where good schools, great weather and a comparatively healthy economy have kept property values strong.
The article talks about agents in Southern California who are losing their own homes to foreclosure, and others who are moonlighting in other jobs. One Los Angeles office even set up a food pantry with pasta and canned goods so struggling agents wouldn't go hungry. In the Florida market, things are so bad that offices are downsizing, and in some sections, sales are one home or less a year per agent, and about a third of these are foreclosures, which are often handled without a Realtor.

No comments: