Friday, August 1, 2008

A Sad Farewell to Financial Title


Financial Title Co., a title and escrow service provider with 57 offices in 10 California counties, closed its doors Wednesday much the way sister company Alliance Title did in December -- abruptly, and with little warning to employees, clients or regulators. The Department of Insurance has employees in place at each Financial Title office to oversee the transfer of files to underwriter First American Corp. All the escrow money is intact, and there will be no financial losses for customers, although some may see their closings delayed.
But for me, it is the end of an era. More than twenty years ago, when the last of the title companies in Sunnyvale closed, we followed Allison to Cupertino, where she was the manager at Financial and my escrow officer for many years. We have an in-house Title Company at Coldwell Banker in Cupertino that I use now, but I have many memories of Alison and the gang at Financial "going the extra mile" for me and my clients. They will be missed.

No comments: