Thursday, February 12, 2009

When a Realtor Turns 80


Today a few of us shared a birthday lunch with an old friend and fellow Realtor. She and I sat side by side for over 25 years, until our Sunnyvale office was closed and transformed into a fabric shop. Although I hope not to be working when I turn 80, nonetheless, she is my role model. She still dances regularly with my club, and serves with me on their board of directors.
They say that keeping active is the key to aging well, and Norma, with her natural beauty, is a perfect example of this. Although she fought the rise of the Internet in our business, she managed to adapt, and now sends emails and new listing printouts to her clients with the best of us. Sometime soon, she plans to move into a nearby retirement community...but retire? Never.

No comments: