Thursday, September 27, 2007

Shouldn't Realtor and Service Mean the Same Thing?


Last night, I baked a batch of my famous brownies. This morning, I woke up early so that I could go to the Realtors' Tour Meeting for the Sunnyvale, Cupertino and Santa Clara areas. The speakers were five of the candidates for Sunnyvale City Council...great information for my clients about what's happening in the city.
With 32 newly listed homes on tour this morning, only 4 Realtors were there to talk about their listings. I personally invited the local Realtors to come by my open house this morning and to enjoy a homemade treat. When the agents came through, I made sure that I was at the door to greet them and answer any questions they might have.
Is any of this difficult? Yet a surprising number of salespeople send a representative to hold their homes open on tour, or never look up from their book or cell phone when potential buyers' agents come through the house that they have listed.
Bernice Ross, a noted sales trainer, says in her blog:
"As I travel across the country, I hear the same theme. The top agents who provide stellar service and have stellar skills are doing great. Those who lack the skills or do not provide the service are being forced out of the business.
Bottom line--there's a shake up going on--in fact it's an earthquake. Sellers and buyers expect their agents to use the latest technology tools, provide the utmost of service, and have the negotiation skills to handle mortgage rate increases, jittery buyers, and a host of other problems. In my opinion, advertising alone is no longer enough."

No comments: