Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sunday Open House


This afternoon, I'll be holding the second open house at my new listing on Russet Drive in Old Orchard. I especially enjoy holding a property open in this tract, because I have been "farming" (sending out a monthly newsletter) in this area for thirty years, and I usually have several neighbors who come over when they see my signs.
The groups that arrive at the door are an interesting mix of families that are interested in moving up to a larger home...this is a four bedroom house...to first time buyers, to "lookie-loos." They are all welcome. Even people who are not in the market now often have friends or business associates who are.
Many of the potential buyers are sent over by their agents, who are either not available, or are holding other properties open. Real estate is a numbers game, and the more possible buyers who are able to see a house, the more likely it is to sell quickly. We have set tomorrow evening as a time to present offers. It will be interesting to see if our strong market "Oasis" is still hot!

No comments: