Monday, October 1, 2007

A Remodeling Tour?


Recently, while driving around neighborhoods in the course of my work, I've noticed an increasing number of remodeling projects. Sometimes homeowners don't quite know where to start and rely on professional help, but in a tract of identical homes, it's very helpful to see what your neighbor has done with the same floor plan.
I saw many such curious neighbors at my open houses this weekend, and one of them came up with a terrific idea. Why not arrange a tour of the one story models in the tract? The three and four bedroom models were built with the exact same living areas, kitchens and baths, and since the homes are over forty years old, many of them have been remodeled. The homeowners might be pleased to show off their work, and the potential remodelers would benefit from their ideas. It would also be a way to meet the neighbors and make new friends. Anyway, I'll "float" the concept in my next Old Orchard newsletter and check out the interest.

No comments: