Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I Don't Do Windows!


I just read an interesting article in The Wall Street Journal Online by June Fletcher. She described how Realtors in many areas of the country are starting to respond to strange requests from clients, everything from mailing a forgotten set of false teeth to babysitting for pet rats. Everyone has some limits. In the slow Florida market and other areas with faltering sales, some agents have been working along with cleaning crews and digging up landscaping to get properties ready for sale
Last week, I wrote about service being an integral part in my job as a Realtor, but lines have to be drawn, or we will not be considered professionals.
What should you expect from your Realtor? Essentials from a quality agent are: knowledge of the local market, comparative sales data, a strategic marketing plan, and electronic (web) expertise.
I keep a detailed list of trusted workmen I can safely recommend to clients, and I also have a reasonably priced handyman I can call on for small house and yard jobs. I know where the Windex is kept, to erase a few fingerprints on the sliding doors...but no, I don't do windows!

No comments: