Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Surrounded by Palm Trees


After a day of travel, I'm safely settled at my sister's house in Lake Worth, Florida. When the flights, and the layover in Dallas seemed to drag on, I reminded myself of the early settlers crossing the country in covered wagons,and stopped my silent complaining. Today I had to spend time on the phone with AOL (in India, of course...the world is truly flat) reinstating a dial-up account, so I could have access on this "classic" Compaq computer.
Even on vacation mode, I feel reconnected when the Internet is at my fingertips.
Real estate here is a different scenario than at home in California. Houses on my sister's pleasant suburban street run from $220,000 to $300,000, and many have pools and oversized lots (by our standards.) The condo market is overbuilt, and foreclosures are rampant.

No comments: