Sunday, December 23, 2007

We're Number Three!


Admittedly, it would be even better to say we're number one, but it's still nice to know that San Jose (and I include all of Santa Clara County in my thinking) is considered the third healthiest city in the country. I picked up an issue of Self magazine in Dallas to read on the plane, because I had finished my book. In their feature on the top 100 metro areas, San Jose came in behind only San Francisco and Suffolk-Nassau counties in New York.
In the category breakdowns, we came out number one in Healthiest Eaters...locally grown produce and our huge Whole Foods markets, meatless items on menus, and 18% fewer fast food outlets than the national average, all helped us to best the runners-up, San Francisco and Orange County.
Unfortunately, we didn't do as well in the Best Environment or Cleanest Air categories, but we placed number two in Least Smoky (fewest smokers) after Salt Lake City.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What words..